Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Project Sponsors with a sense of completely transparent control over their critical initiative. This includes proactively managing scope change and the impact that change will have on time and budget, and the existing organization.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning and execution required for deploying Company and Customer initiatives including business benefits and on-going support.
- Responsible for leadership and management of the project team both technical and non-technical resources, their deliverables, and team effectiveness.
- Accountable to each Project Sponsor as well as senior management for up to date status reporting of the projects.
- Responsible for managing overall IT and non-IT resource utilization across individual project plans in order to facilitate project prioritization.
- Responsible for coordinating required resources with resource managers for project work.
- Responsible for continuously maturing the Project Management framework and the associated tools and processes.
- Support the overall goals and vision of the Company to the extent of providing support in areas outside the duties of a Project Manager’s position.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a computer related field or equivalent combination of project management and IT skills and experience (in depth knowledge of IT processes and best practices is preferred)
- Evidence of proficiency in the use of project management software and techniques including creating detailed Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Rough Order of Magnitude Estimates (ROM), and leveling of resources.
- Experience working with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid project management methodologies
- Evidence of strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills for working with individuals, cross-functional teams and all levels of the organization.
- Experience in negotiating with vendors and service providers that are required as part of project execution.
- Wide knowledge of IT systems, processes and capabilities.
- Knowledge of project management software and techniques including previous experience planning and coordinating cross functional teams.
- Capable of creating, reviewing and assessing what are good technical deliverables, work breakdown structures (WBSs), and project plans.
- Capable of bringing creative approaches to project leadership including motivational techniques and team building approaches.
- Maintain a substantial knowledge of our core business strategies, product lines, and IT systems.
- Capable of looking for and implementing process improvement ideas to reduce cost, increase quality, or improve communications in the organization
- Can effectively communicate the overall vision of the project as well as devise the detailed plan to reach that vision.
- Capability and willingness to learn new systems, processes and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex or multiple projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Capable of holding the team and individuals accountable to deliverables and timelines without direct reporting responsibilities.
- Maintains a sense of urgency with self and the team to drive to results.
- Uses plans, goals and prioritization to provide the highest value to the customer.
- Capable of dealing with conflict and able to motivate resources to accept mutual ownership for the success of assigned projects.
- Must be able to collaborate and coach effectively in a team environment with minimum or no supervision.
- Recognized by peers for strong leadership skills and ability to influence.
- Coach less experienced personnel on applying project management concepts to the development of project plans, change management, and how these impact other parts of the organization.
The security of company, customer and client business information is vital to the interests, reputation, and success of Involta Critical Infrastructure. Violating the trust relationship among the organization, its clients, its vendors, and employees can be damaging beyond repair. If you are contacted by any person or organization and asked to supply information, refer the request to your manager or the President.
To protect Involta, LLC legitimate interests, it is necessary that you maintain the security of information, which includes data and any other information not generally available to the public. All customer and client information is to be regarded as subject to information security guidelines that must be applied at all times. If you take action that compromises information security, you are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Involta, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer