“Progress has been fast, efficient and accurate. Seems like every day something gets finished.”
Jeremiah Hinkle, MIS – Data Center Manager
Boise Construction Update
Construction of Involta’s eighth colocation facility – a state-of-the-art data center in Boise – remains on schedule despite an aggressive timeline.
View a live feed of the construction site and a time-lapse video here: See Boise live feed now
The final architectural walk-through with major contractors was completed last week. We are on track for a mid-December 2014 commissioning.
A ribbon-cutting and celebration will be held in the first quarter of 2015. In the meantime, here’s another one of our periodic peeks at construction progress.
Current and upcoming next steps
- Wiring of Starline Busway distribution path for customer cabinets
- Interior sheetrock installation
- Interior preparation of data center floors and clean-room environment so customers will be able to start racking equipment early
- Exterior prep work for siding
- CRAC unit installation
- Electrical testing, including energizing the data center from the substation
- Finishing office space and moving employees in
- Data center commissioning and system testing in order to test and document HVAC, connectivity, overall design
“When we designed this data center, we didn’t just design for what our customers need today,” says Jeremiah Hinkle, MIS, Data Center Manager. “We designed for what they’ll need in the future. We have the infrastructure in place to accommodate substantial growth, which enables us to be agile and responsive to our customer needs in a very short period of time.
“The site is absolutely beautiful – every customer that has visited has walked away impressed. I can’t say enough about how well this project has come together. We have a great team.”
For additional information about the Boise data center, the Involta CompliantCloud℠ platform of services, or colocation availability, contact Jeff Leonnig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want a closer look at our progress?
Construction & Conversation – Every Friday at 3:30 PM (by appointment)
Get a personal tour of the new Involta Boise data center construction site, see the progress for yourself and join us at a local watering hole afterward. Spaces limited.
Reserve yours now and get site directions by contacting Jeff Leonnig at email@example.com.